The New OLD me...

My photo
I am on a journey to discover the New Me...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Today marked the 100th Day...

As I sit here and reflect on the last 100 days. I realized that I am truly blessed. God has  restored me from the inside - out. I remember crying in the shower one day in Dec. 2010 and saying  to God "I have done all I can"  I surrender to you...at that moment nothing happened. But today I am a firm believer that he heard my cry.

Over the past few years...I have experienced several tragedies, losses, and disappointments. I had learned to live with them until it all became too hard to live "there" anymore.  I had to changed. I have gone from victim...to victor...to victorious through the best way I knew how, prayer, guidance and perspective!!!

I figure the best way to address the guidance would be through sitting on a couch and sorting things out... otherwise known as therapy (I know many don't believe in it) but trust me it's not just for the "crazy" people. I had God, I am a professional and I have self diagnosed - thanks  to WebMD...LOL, but I realize that for perspective the combination of the three would be PERFECT!!!! Boy...did that changed many things, my life became full of twist and turns, upsets, peaks and now stable but FREE. Free from pain, free from suffering, free from self pity, free to gain my life back, free to be a warrior, free to be available for greatness. This approach helped me do some mental cleaning and allowed me to see my self worth and act on the things that would help me the best ME I can be. 
Perspective is everything!!!

The first thing I decided to do was face one of my biggest challenges - working out and eating better. It was the best and worse thing that I could do at that time. It was the worse because I was afraid that I wouldn't keep up or do as welland this would cause me to fall deeper into self-pity. And the best because to my surprise and fifty plus workouts later with over seventy new Food Creations I made it. I have decreased my risk for heart disease by losing 5 inches off my waist, and losing 10 percent of my body weight, and more became active than I ever have been. I am confident that this is no hoax - it's a permanent change that I truly enjoy.  
 
I will share  100 ways on how I changed in increments of 20 over the course of the next few days, check out the "100 Day" change page. ANd stay with me on my journey to living a healthy life, mentally, physically and spiritually.


Be Blessed,


Nakia

2 comments:

  1. Job well done Ki....you are truly an inspiration, keep up the hard work, and CONGRATSSSSSSSSS...I'm trying to be like you when I grow up (in my lil kid voice) Love Ya, Cousin Kia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, Thanks Kia!!!! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete